Pre-purchase plumbing inspection from
*Single storey dwelling
Do you need a Pre-Purchase Inspection?
An inspection will give you peace of mind in the purchase of your dream home
It is common practice when looking to purchase a new home or investment property to have a building inspection.
The majority of pre-purchase building inspections available do not include comprehensive plumbing checks and will have fine print disclaimers to have all your plumbing assessed by a licensed plumber.
Problems with plumbing are often not visible and common defects present include leaking drains or showers which can be the cause of expensive problems including cracking walls, damp and mould issues and moving foundations. A pre-purchase plumbing inspection can help to identify any defects in the properties plumbing.
If you are preparing to purchase a new home or business or sell a property, ensure peace of mind that the plumbing meets all of your expectations with a detailed pre-purchase plumbing inspection and report.
A pre-purchase plumbing inspection and report provides you with a lot more than ticked boxes. You receive an extensive detailed written report with clear photos outlining the condition of all aspects of the plumbing.
During the inspection we check the following areas:
- The roofing – both the exterior and the ceiling space
- Building exterior and interior
- Hot water heaters – inspect the valves, make and condition
- Venting systems – inspect the vents condition and termination
- Storm water – visually inspect the above ground drainage and CCTV below ground if required
- Pressure test – to show the properties operating water pressure
- Sewer pipes – visually inspect and CCTV if required
- Water lines – inspect the condition and materials used
- Gutters and down pipes – report on the condition and material used
- Surface water check – assess surface water issues or concerns
- Basins, sinks and laundry tubs – inspect condition of waste pipes and taps
- Toilets and cisterns – inspect condition
The report is easy read and understand. It comprehensively lists and photographs all major and minor visible defects and recommends items for further investigation.
The report can provide you with a valuable tool to negotiate a sale or a purchase price reduction with the vendor. If you are considering selling our report can give you a competitive edge in the market providing prospective buyers with peace of mind regarding the sound condition of your property and all its plumbing.
We are a member of the Master Builders and Master Plumbers Association and our pre-purchase inspections are carried out by a qualified and licensed plumber using the latest technology to assist in identifying problems that are not easily visible. All pre-purchase reports comply with Australian Building Standards AS 4349.1-2007
Plumbing inspection reports are usually available within 24 hours of the inspection and are emailed directly to you.
*Pre-purchase plumbing inspection prices are for one dwelling on a residential block.